Monday 21 November 2011

Illustration Friday

So, I'm officially finished University. Probably forever. At this stage I have no intention of going back anyway. I've just been vegetating for the last two weeks (I needed some recovery time) but now I'm back and illustrating again.

The plan is to post at least once a week from here on in, mostly because I rediscovered Illustration Friday and want to get involved. This week's topic is "Vanity" and my first thought was an episode of "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters". I really don't know why, it hasn't been on in at least ten years. But that's not the point. In the episode Oblina gets braces, and her crush is suddenly interested in her as he can see his reflection in her smile. That got me thinking and the end result was a snake in captivity fascinated by its reflection in a man's sunglasses.

I always illustrate in full colour, so I thought I'd attempt it with a very limited colour palette. It was quite a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to next Friday's topic...

Vanity

No comments:

Post a Comment